Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Feeling Thankful!

I set one New Years Resolution this year.   It went something like this: Become a better friend by nourishing the friendships I already have.

It's still January and I feel I've been taught a great lesson from those of you I gratefully and gladly call my friends.  Your examples have taught me how to be a better friend, a real friend.  It was me who wanted to do the nourishing, but in turn, it was you who nourished me.

Brittni S. has a quote on her blog that says, "Tell me your friends and I'll tell you who you are".  I have to say THANK YOU to my friends who have helped me become a better person, to my friends who have shown expressions of kindness not only to me but my family members.   Your words, your actions, your spirits have helped lift mine and my families, and for that I feel so blessed.  

My NEW New Years Resolution now goes something like this: Become the friend that my friends are to me.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXAMPLES!

7 comments:

Janee said...

Nat, you couldn't be a better friend. Thank you for being such a great example to me - I love ya!

Also, please send our deepest sympathies and prayers to your sister and her family at this sad time.

Alyson said...

Oh Natalie, I am so sorry about your sister. I cannot even imagine what they are going through right now. We will be praying for them.

Jenny said...

I'm not going to suck up to you and tell you that you couldn't be a better friend because you never call me...or write me...or comment on my blog....but I STILL LOVE YOU! I think you are an amazing friend and I miss you every day.

Tiffany said...

I find myself laughing like you...or at least I think I am. It seems to come out when I watch the Office! There couldn't be a better friend than you. You come all packaged with absolutely no drama unless it's comical and are willing to help even if you were dying. Everyone who comes into contact with you is blessed...I know I have been. I wished you lived closer so we could pretend to work out....and if Brittni is reading this...I mean REALLY work out! :)

Carrie said...

I love you Nat! You are sincere and you always make me laugh. When I'm telling Sam a story that involves you, I say "Remember my roommate Natalie? You know, the one who walked into the sliding glass door?" I grin each time. :)I just wish you were in Utah today so you could hang with us at Nalani's baby shower. Come play soon!

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

Nat, Nat, you are so amazing! I just have to tell you something that I love about you. One time at the C.O.C. you were planning on taking a vacation day. That's cool everyone needs a vacation once in a while! But no… it was not for vacation but for Service. (yes, the name you justly deserve!) Our friend Kara Thompson had to take her three boys to the airport alone, without her husband. This was well known by all of us, but I did not even see that there was a chance for serving in this scenario. But you volunteered to take a precious vacation day to drive 1 ½ hours away, stay with her at the airport to assist, and drive back. This is just one small example of why I love and adore you. You, without even knowing it, look for ways to help people all of the time. I have never met a more thoughtful and deserving person in all of my life. You rock!

holley family said...

hey speaking of better friends...what's your new address? i sent a card to the jones address but it came back! check out our blog... www.holley-family.blogspot.com