Monday, January 28, 2008

It makes me happy to think...

...of the reunion President Hinckley is having with his sweet Marjorie.
...of the people he gets to shake hands with, throw his arms around, and meet face to face.
...of the legacy he left for all of us to remember - and act upon.

I have always had a special place in my heart for President Hinckley. 
He is the one who performed the marriage sealing of my Mom and Dad 
in the Salt Lake Temple in 1968.
He is the one who signed my missionary card in 1995.
He personally called my Grandmother after my Grandfather McAllister died in 1997.
And when he publicly announced his love for his wife Marjorie in conference in 2004 just days before her death, my husband grabbed my hand and looked at me with tears in his eyes. And at that moment I FELT the love my husband has for me. 
I will never forget!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was so beautiful...it touched my heart and brought me to tears. He was such an amazing man and I'm sure he will be greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

Well said, Natalie. Amazing how far reaching any little kindness goes. Looking forward to hearing about this new little gal!