Friday, June 20, 2008

CAN YOU SEE WHY I WANTED THE T-SHIRT?

ADAM'S FIRST RACE!
He ran the Teton Dam Half Marathon with Ian and his Father-in-law, CHES, who took FIRST PLACE in his age division!Red, White, and Blue in honor of Flag Day. Or just by coincidence.
We stood at the finish line 2 hours after the race had started ready to cheer on our runners as they crossed the finish line. About 10 minutes passed as we anxiously looked down the roadway toward all the the exhausted runners when all of the sudden, ADAM and CHES were standing behind us, well rested, with water bottles in hand. Oh Teton Dam, we missed them crossing the finish line!!!!! Adams first race, and we missed it. Amongst our profuse apologies, Adam said, "Oh, that's alright. Ian is still out there. We can all cheer him on!" Apparently, running is an individualist's sport!
"No child/man left behind" does not apply here!!
We were all able to see Ian cross the finish line moments later!
GOOD JOB GUYS!!!

I have to give a shout out to my amazing friend Alicia who is racing this weekend...180 MILES FROM LOGAN TO PARK CITY!!! (She's crazy!)
GO GET 'EM! YOU CAN DO IT!
I hope you don't poop your pants!
Not that I know any runners who have done that before...ok, well, maybe just one, but I really think you can refrain from adding your name to that list.
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

4 comments:

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

I have said it before and I will say it again..... running for fun??....what the H%$L kinda fun is that? hehehehe! good job guys!

THE BANGARTS said...

Good job on your dam race boys! Looks like you were a good dam volunteer Nat. How fun for those boys.

Jennybug said...

I am still so upset that I didn't make it there for Adam's first finish. Sigh....I will try to learn how to be a good wife someday. I need more pictures! Will you send me some of all the millions we took? Pleeeeeeeeease?

roseanne said...

woo hoo! Great job on that Dam race Ian!! ( and with all the dam phrases flying around it's a good thing the dam wasn't named after God...)