Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bragging about my Family!

My brother MILES works for Crate and Barrel. For two years in a row, he has been the MILLION DOLLAR TOP SELLER of the entire store. Last year he was the only one. This year, he shared the title with two other people. http://tomandmiles.blogspot.com/ I guess the early morning of each and every summer out in the beet fields really did teach you something about hard work!

My brother ADAM works for the Chubbuck Idaho Police Department. He has worked his way up from 911 dispatch to SWAT Team to Detective. The Idaho State Journal wrote a very nice article about him in the "Neighborhood Hero's" section of the paper. Nice work! I'm trying to post a link to the article but apparently the City of Pocatello and their Newspaper have put a viewing tax on the Idaho State Journal link. You can't read the paper online unless you pay for it.

My sister MARCI is my local neighborhood hero! Not only is she remodeling her own home and tending to the comings and goings of her 4 active kids, she made time for me. She has helped me make my nursery curtains. Seriously, if it were not for her, I'd still have material all folded up shoved in a closet somewhere. Instead, I have nursery curtains - cute - and complete! Now I just gotta get going on the bumper and crib skirt. Seriously, did I really think I could sew? Thank goodness for Marci!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Family rocks, Congrats all around!

roseanne said...

Can't wait to see the picts of the completed project! We still have the blanket you sewed for Abigail so I know you can sew! I cheated on my baby bumper and went to goodwill and just recovered a used one. (A very clean used one that is...)

ba and the boys said...

i wrapped batting around some plastic bumper pads that i got at d.i. (after washing them in bleach!) and then sew a sleve with velcro going down one side so when the boys barfed/pooped/made it dirty in some way (kids actually do that) it was easy to clean.
good luck and keep us updated on the baby!