Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Blessed Life!

We are so lucky! Ian and I have the best friends in the world! Before Ian and I even met, we both surrounded ourselves with AMAZING PEOPLE. Friends for life. And now our seven years together has brought another round of GREAT FRIENDS! Seriously, we are so lucky!

Good thing too...because we need help loading our moving truck!!!

By noon on Wednesday, we would be driving away from our little home in Lansing, Michigan.
Destination: Idaho, the Gem State.
State flower: the saringa. FYI

I've been preparing and packing for months now, only to find out it was all in my head. I was only "mentally" preparing and packing. As I look around, I wonder why all the things I've "packed up" are not all taped up in their "boxes" I put them in months ago? Seriously, where is the Fairy Godmother, or Samantha Stephens when I need them? I'll even take a Rumpelstiltskin of sorts at this point!

To be honest, we've had a rough go of it this past week. And that's one big reason we are so thankful for our friendships...and for our FAMILIES! Just as Ian was preparing for finals, his last final of his law school career, I decided I needed some attention and scheduled myself for some emergency surgery. My recovery time has lasted a bit longer than expected which has left Ian to take over my job of cleaning and packing up the entire house...and we all know how far I got on that!

In the last week, Ian has studied as much as he could for his final, sold a bunch of our belongs at an all-day yard sale, waited for me while I had surgery, took his 3 hour final, nursed his loving wife back to health, passed up a (few) game(s) of golf with his buddies, packed up the house, cleaned the house, found renters for the house, and by 4 o'clock today...found out his Grandpa Service passed away.

We cried. We are both so mentally and emotionally exhausted!

We were originally going to leave Lansing on Thursday, and take about 10 days to cross the country. However, we need to get to Utah by Friday night so we can attend a funeral service for Grandpa Service on Saturday. So let me tell you, our friends have already really come in handy!!! Kim, Craig, and Addy helped us pack up today, and tomorrow the gang will be here to load up our moving truck!! We are so lucky to have the friends and family we do. Honestly, there is no way we could accomplish this move without them. Lansing has provided us with some incredible friendships! All three years worth!!

But most especially, my life is so blessed because my sweet husband is both my family and my friend!

12 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freakin Boise, ID.

Sarah said...

You'll be here just IN TIME for the Eastern Idaho State Fair!!!
I am picturing Brittni and I, each with one of your arms in a massive tug-of-war.
I am sorry to hear about your stressful week and especially about Ian's Grandpa.
He should have ditched his finals and spent the time instead making a video of all your great Michigan memories. (Remember?)

Anonymous said...

You will be missed terribly, both of you! You have a way of putting things to make people laugh their freakin' heads off or cause them to think so hard and then laugh their freakin' heads off! You're one of kind and we'll be thinking of you, whether you think so or not!

THE BANGARTS said...

Ian is such a good roomie!

Jenny said...

Sarah's out of luck, cause I'm with BJ on this one....and I'm strong....reeeaalll strong.

Anonymous said...

Natalie and Ian,

We both want to wish you the best of luck in ID! We know you are going to be huge blessings in the lives of everyone you meet! We can't thank you enough for being such great friends. We are sending you off with warmest wishes and our most powerful prayers for your health, your family, and your careers! Congratulations and stay in touch!

holley family said...

gee guys... you always get the good friends! so sorry about ian's grandpa. you guys travel safe and have a great new adventure! (you usually do :-) but don't forget about your first friendsies.... ya know the ones that exercised with ya at like friekin five o clock in the am???? batteling the homeless bums to get to your apt? i'm just kidding. but we do really really miss you guys. good luck!

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

God Bless you guys!

...

And we are excited to see you again!

...

Don't forget to buckle up!

Whitney said...

Think of moving this way, . . . at least you'll get more visitors. Call me when you get there.

Julie and Todd said...

Moving, surgery...WHAT THE...? I got that you're moving to Boise....Congrats! We're practically gonna be neighbors (we're moving to WA). But the emergency surgery part--all well?

Anonymous said...

hi

Whitney said...

Um, is everyone afraid to ask Natalie to update her blog? It's alright to harrass now.