Saturday, June 23, 2007

COME ON DOWN!!!!

Remember that one time I had the calling of Enrichment Leader? And remember how much I totally complained about it. And remember how they fired me about two months into that calling? Well...THANK GOODNESS! Because our new beautiful and talented Enrichment Leader, Jennifer Jackson, put together one of the best Enrichment Nights EVER!!!

THE PRICE IS RIGHT
PROVIDENT LIVING STYLE!

Complete with real games and actual Barkers Beauties!
Allyson Misseldine and Jennifer Jackson

Rod Roddy was the gorgeous Erica Hogge.

And who was BOB BARKER, you ask??

ME!!!
I even had a microphone with a cord, and $500 in my suit coat pocket for the contestant who bid exactly the actual yardsale price!

CONTESTANTS ROW
Bob - "What's our first item up for bid, Rod?"
Rod Roddy - "First item up for bid Bob, is a 12 sting guitar purchased at a yard sale."
Bob Barker - "Lets start the bidding with you."
First contestant - "Twelve Dollars, Bob"
Second contestant - "Fifteen Dollars, Bob"
Third contestant - "What was the first bib, Bob?"
Bob - "$12!"
Third contestant - "I'll say Nine Dollars, Bob!"
BUZZ BUZZ
Bob - "I'm sorry! You've all OVERBID - please go lower than $9."
"six dollars bob" "three dollars bob" "ONE DOLLAR Bob"
Bob - "And the actual yard sale price of the 12 string guitar is...$7!!Amberly was one of our lucky contestants who made it up on stage out of contestants row. She played the "Whats the bigger bargain" game. Other games included "Range Finder" "What's in the bag?" "Pick a Pair" and that one where you have 60 seconds to label the 4 prizes with their proper dollar amount then run back in pull the handle to see how many you have right...then run back and try to fix the ones you might have wrong. I can't remember the name right now. BUT ALL THE GAMES WERE SO MUCH FUN!!!

All of our items were purchased at YARD SALES, or were purchased brand new from stores at a DISCOUNTED PRICE. Our commercial breaks were quick tips from selected sisters who spoke on "free activities around town", "home remedies", "internet shopping, like ebay, craigslist, and freecycle" , and "food storage stuff". A few weeks ago, when announcing the activity, the sisters were asked to bring an item they had purchased at a yardsale or had found and exceptional deal on at a retail store. The handouts were "Price is Right" tickets. So...our SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN featured items the sisters brought with them that night. The Barkers Beauties hand selected which items would be part of which showcase, then the contestant had to determine the total amount that was paid for the items.

Our showcases, which included some great stuff, totaled $19.50, and $12.00 respectively.

EVERYONE SEEMED TO HAVE A GREAT TIME! Thank goodness for Jennifer Jackson and her committee! Thank goodness it is her calling and not mine! THIS ENRICHMENT ACTIVITY WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!!!

6 comments:

Shanda said...

What a fun idea! I think you make a fantastic BOB! By the way...just incase you didn't know...I miss my Natalie!!! Have you seen the pictures of my little girl lately?? When do you move to Idaho? Hows this for sad...Preston and I are going to Michigan for Thanksgiving. Just in time to miss my favorite friend! Oh Well!

THE BANGARTS said...

Hey there Bob! You look real good for being 80!

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie!! I just happened to get a new calling on Sunday....yep, Enrichment Leader! The Price is Right game sounds soooo fun!! I'm totally going to have to steal it! I hope Jennifer Jackson doesn't mind! I'll probably be asking you tons of questions we decide to do it, so be prepared! Anyway you made the cutest Bob Barker..... :-)

Natalie Service said...

Sarah - so sad for your loss!!
Good luck, though! You will be great! Email me or call me for anything!

Shanda said...

Guess what...I have a high school friend named Liz Adams and she is good friends with Whitney your sis in good ol AZ. Its a small world!

Shanda said...

oops her name is Liz Roberts. Her husbands name is Adam. Thats what happens when everyone goes off and gets married...I can't keep their names straight!