Sunday, October 01, 2006

Does the Lord answer prayers? YES!

Today before conference, we had a special stake meeting where they desolved our ward and reset the stake boundaries. Which means two things:
1) Ian is no longer Elders Quarum President.
2) Natalie is no longer 1st councelor in the Relief Society/2nd Sunday teacher in the R.S.

LET US ALL SING PRAISES!!!!!

But... if I get called into the Primary of our new ward, I'm thinking this would be a perfect time to go inactive. (No offence to anyone who currently has a Primary calling and enjoys it).

And then I watched conference and decided that going inactive is not an option for me right now...or ever. Thank goodness for an every 6 month reminder that the Lord know us individually, and will love us unconditionally, even if we don't want to serve in the Primary, but I have to be willing too anyway.

Fine! Put me in with the CTR's, but I wont do the nursery!



8 comments:

Shanda said...

Well I know what your next calling is going to be. Say "Goodbye Relief Society" and "Hello Nursery!" Don't worry you will love it! :)

THE BANGARTS said...

I'm with you my sista! JUST SAY NO TO NURSERY!! I had a hard time in the beginning with our CTR 5-6's. I thought I was going to church to babysit for free!! Forget that!! But now that it's almost the end of the year, I actually enjoy my class, but then they'll have to leave and I'll have to start babysitting all over again. Why can't I just go to relief society and gossip with the best of them, you know?!

McGinnis Family said...

I think you just sealed you and Ian's fate by saying what you didn't want to get called to. Hello future RS President & Elder's Quorum President! Ha ha!!!

Natalie Service said...

I would much rather be the RS Pres than the Nursery Leader!

nalani said...

You'll be fine in primary as long as you don't have to teach them how to spell!!! (dissolved---not desolve)

Sarah said...

Now, now, if we proofread EVERY spelling mistake Natalie makes, we'll never have time to make fun of her!!
Nat, I know what you mean about conference changing your attitude. I totally didn't even watch the season premier of The Bachelor because I was on a spiritual high. Didn't even record it...but I am sure we'll be back to our old ways soon.

nalani said...

Sarah I don't know that you can get full "spiritual brownie points" for not watching the Bachelor seeing as you called me today to ask me all about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, now there's a girl who learned something from General Conference!!! Love reading your blogs, Natalie. However, my all time favorite is still the strategically placed face masks!