Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Doing dishes with Daddy



Tatem is 10 months and as busy as ever. She has two modes. "Turbo On" or "Asleep Off". I got her in last week for her 6 month appointment (don't judge me, we were out of town for 3 months!) and at 10 months she weighs 17.5 pounds and is 26 inches long. She's still just a little thing, giving more reason for Aunt Lindsay to lovingly nickname her TROLL. Crawling under EVERYTHING and getting all up in everyones business (and looking so darn cute) were the first reasons Lindz gave her that name, but now she is walking, and is attempting running on a rare occasion (with little success). She has mastered the stairs, up and down, and when she hears me coming to check on her, she gets all wild and crazy and kicks it into turbo drive. She jibber jabbers in all octives but with only one word, "dat dat dat". And as of these last two Sundays there has been no shortage of gusto as she attempts to sing the hymns, both times, sitting with Aunt Marci. I love her scrunched up face when she fake laughs at me. I love to watch how she picks up the food off her try with her chubby little fingers. I love how she rubs her face with her blanket while she drinks her bottle. If we are playing patta-cake and I stop, I love how she picks up my hands and makes them clap. She is so independent, and so determined, and so not cuddly! I love my little girl and I hate that she is growing up. I didn't think I would be, but I am one of those moms' who laments every stage that has come and gone.

We got to hang out with Ian for one week before heading to Utah for the rest of the month. It was great to be back together as a family. Tatem loves her Daddy!

6 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

I cannot believe how fast she is growing up! She's seriously so dang cute!!! What a sweety and so funny!

Ian N. Service said...

Two modes - "Turbo/on" and "Asleep/off." Totally crazy and cute.

Marci said...

Tatem is a fantastic singer. Look for her in the MoTab Choir in a few years. She is quite busy and has taken a liking to Karl. I'm so glad when you come to visit. Her laugh is the greatest!

Shanda said...

She sounds so much like Talia! Something about those independent first born girls! Talia won't let me hold her when she sits on a big potty...she just pushes me away and in the process (a couple of times)falls in and laughs! Crazy kid! Is she a climber? Talia climbed out of her crib around 14 or 15 months. Talia, unlike Milo who LOVES to cuddle, was not cuddly at all until around 10 months or so. Maybe Tatem will learn to be a snuggler too. Now Talia asks to snuggle and also gives champion hugs! I just love the adventure of parenting and you are such a good mom to sweet Tatem!

Megan said...

This is the first time I have seen your little girl. She is absolutely beautiful! So cute!

THE BANGARTS said...

Oh, Trollita. I miss her. Hannah misses her being all up in her business too.