Saturday, November 08, 2008

Baby Brynlee Bangart is here!

My sister LINDSAY had her sweet baby girl, BRYNLEE LOUISE BANGART, on November 4th at 6:41 am. Brynlee was born at 28 weeks gestation and is trying to outweigh all the other preemies by weighing a whopping 2 pounds 6.6 ounces. She is in the NICU and all her nurses continuously comment on how beautiful she is! Uh hello...have you seen her mother? Of course she is beautiful! Brynlee is such a strong fighter. Uh hello...have you met her action hero father? Seriously, this girl has beauty, strength, faith and prayers on her side. She's one lucky little two pound turkey!I wanted to shed a little light on how much of a miracle this is. Lindsay was born with a heart defect that resulted in 4 open heart surgeries throughout her life. Her first surgery at 3 months old, and her last surgery was performed in November 2006 where the doctors switched the major vessels in her heart from one side to the other. Because "the switch" is a new procedure in adults there are no studies showing the likelihood of this type of heart patience going on to have children. No delivery doctor has ever had a patient like Lindsay before. Well, lets be honest, is there anyone like Lindsay? Really? Lindsay's own life is a miracle and now she has brought life into this world by way of another miracle. Little Brynlee is a fighter! Perhaps in the lightweight division, but still a fighter! It leads me to believe that Brynne's purpose here is a big one, just as Lindsay's is.  Lindsay is a mother!  A mother of three of her own beautiful miracles:  Hannah, Isaac, and Brynlee.  

Congrats Keith and Lindsay!   

5 comments:

Holly said...

I'm so glad everything went okay! What an amazing family!

We miss you guys! I was at OUR favorite early morning hangout (Gold's) when OUR favorite pediatrician's assistant came in with her awesome hairdo. I thought of you! Sorry you missed it!

ba and the boys said...

miricals still happen. welcome little one!

twinduff said...

I must admit you are in high demand. I'm not sure you are ever home. I am so happy things are going well.

Whitney said...

Wow, re-reading that story about Hannah reminded me of when we found out about her . . . with VERY LITTLE phone service and NO INTERNET! I just got all giddy again. Come to think of it, weren't we on a vacation then too? You do take a lot of vacations.

Julie and Todd said...

You have a way with words. I could picture you saying everything as I read it. Made me grow a tiny wump in my froat. Go Brynlee!