Tuesday, September 23, 2008


Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com

My sister OLDER sister MARCI celebrated her 39th birthday (in Utah), then two weeks later my OLDER brother JEFF celebrated his 38th birthday (in Weiser). We were lucky enough to be there for both parties!

Jeff requested sweet and sour meatballs for his birthday dinner. We all happily dished up plate fulls and overstuffed ourselves. At the end of the meal Jeff and Becky announced the meatballs were made with...ELK and DEER and MOOSE and RABBIT and WORMS and ANCHOVIES...and...well, I can't remember really what they said but I know it was some of the stuff mentioned above. "Gee, that's great bass!"

Highlights of our trip to Weiser:
  • Jeff and his amazingly obedient dogs in action.
  • My niece Ashley in the High School marching band.
  • Ian and Adam returning home from a trail run with about a million mesquito bites each leg - then seeing a large poster warning of West Nile Virus in the area posted in the church foyer.
  • Adam. Just Adam. He's very entertaining.
  • Mom. Just Mom. She's very entertaining.
  • Dad sitting in his rocking chair with a cookie in one hand and a Popsicle in the other.
  • Cookies. And lots of 'em. Too many of 'em, huh Adam!
  • Football on Mom and Dads new flat screen.
  • Kaiah and Brennan getting an education on gofers from Grandpa. "We are the gofer girls, we always gofer guys, they never gofer us. We wonder why? fffft, ffft, ffft"
  • Skip-bo with Jeff and his kids. 7 year old Brook saying "Aunt Natalie, I'm going to let you win" and with that she layed down a 12 to clear away a full pile so on my next turn, I could play my 1 and win. What a sweet angle! And as if it were slow motion, Brook then took the last card in her hand and layed it down...it was a ONE!! She laughed like an evil villan!





8 comments:

The Robinson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE BANGARTS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCI AND JEFF!!!

Karl looks a lot more happy holding Tatem now than he did when she was born!!

Natalie Service said...

I almost forgot, Bill, Marcis loving husband, spelled out "NEARLY 40" on her birthday cake with chocolate chips. I would like to point out that Marci doesn't even look like she could be 29 let alone 39! That's why I have to keep pointing out loud and clear that she is my OLDER sister - because she sure doesn't look like it!

Whitney said...

Why do Jeff and Becky do that? Before they were married, I went with Jeff as a chaperone to visit Becky (um, I was 12 . . . great chaperone you horn-dogs). Anyway, they served a delicious "chicken" dinner which I happily devoured. I also immediately barfed it up when they told me it was rabbit. Dirty rabbits (and I'm not talking about the one I ate . . .)

Jennybug said...

See, Kimbal was the only smart one at dinner. He kept talking about the doggies and wanting to go see them, so he didn't eat HIS meatballs. Hmmm...the kid must have super mind-reading powers. No really, they were good! I didn't even get heartburn--and that's happening more and more often lately. And Adam is forever banned from mother's cookies. Brother....

Marci said...

It looks like Tatem loved the dogs. I love Jeff's family picture with Jayden asleep in his food. Gotta love it!

ba and the boys said...

are you ever home?
and i love birthday parties...cake!

Adam said...

Um, I did recover from mother's cookies - kind of! I still have signs of our trail run on both legs. You failed to mention that Ian and I impressed all of Weiser by wearing the same running clothes. Yea, we are awesome!