Monday, May 19, 2008

At church yesterday, an "experienced" lady in Relief Society asked me, "How can you tell a First Time Mom from a Mother of 5?"

"When the binkie falls to the floor, the First Time Mom will immediately pick it up, boil it for 10 minutes, and make sure it's properly sanitized."

"A Mom of 5 will find it in the toilet, dip it out, wipe it on her pants and call it good!"


Totally true.
I am a First Time Mom!

I'm trying my hardest for the "First Time Mother of the Year 08" award.
* I go to Target at least every other day looking for nothing in particular.
* Instead of using the microwave for 10 seconds, I warm up her bottles in a bowl of water, adding at least a good 7 minutes of extra loud crying to the already frantically hungry, crying baby.
* I only forget the diaper bag when I'm going to be gone from the house for longer than 3 hours.
* I tell the baby's daddy, "you're not doing it right" all the time.
And finally
* I ordered 1 million dollars worth of pictures of her 1 month photo shoot at Sears Portrait...and then went across the mall to Kiddie Kandids and ordered another 1 million dollars worth from them.

Seriously, who needs that many pictures of your 1 month old???
Oh, a FIRST TIME MOM DOES!!!!
How in the heck does a first time Mom afford the rest of the months pictures?
Daddy scolded Mommy and said, "Tatem is gonna havta wait till she's TWO YEARS OLD for her next photo shoot."

Oh Daddy. Maybe you should try for the "First Time Daddy of the Year 08" award. (See the Mommy for the qualifications)


*

12 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'll bet the pictures were all adorable though! We all do it our own way...I'm sure you are doing a fabulous job!

BTW...what is wrong with going to Target that often? They KNOW me there. Kinda scary huh?

the Varley Family said...

Nat you are hilarious! Those pictures are priceless, and you can never have too many!

Carrie said...

I love it!!! I just hope my kids still love me when they grow up and read my blog and all the stories I told about them.
With my 3rd child I think it's funny how suddenly they cry when they get a shot. It cracks me up especially when they are sleeping. It's peaceful, then their eyes get HUGE, and then they take a deep breath, and out comes the SCREAM! I laugh every time as I'm consoling them. With the first baby it was all I could do to not smack the nurse over her head when she hurt my beloved child!

ba and the boys said...

i so remember those days! now im like, i dont care if the dog licked it, youo can still eat it. he was just cleaning it off for you!

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

umm yeah...we spend at LEAST a million dollars every milestone month of McKenzie life!

Alyson said...

Well, what's wrong with it? From one picture-a-holic to another... you gotta have pictures at every milestone. That includes 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and a year! HA HA!

Zach said...

Poor Ellie...she only had two pictures professionally done of her when in her life. Abby had one done every month of her life until Ellie was born!

Those pictures of Tatem are so sweet!

Alicia said...

I love it! Funny stuff, but Target rocks, it is fun to hang out there!

Montay said...

Love Target but I love the grocery store even better As for the pictures they are worth every penny You should give Jessica Randall a call she takes killerpics of new babies check out her website www.jrandallportraits.com

Tiffany said...

I love it!!! You've been mother of the year for as long as I can remember. You were the one who taught us how to get Corbin to sleep with the rocking and then a "dip" Works every time!!

Tiffany said...

PS Corbin's first photo shoot was a result of you and brittni being sweet....He's had one more when he turned 2 and Jack's had 1....so I think it's safe to say I'm outta the running for "mother of the year"! Tatem is sooo gorgeous! She's getting so big! Can't wait to meet her!

Janee said...

Yes, yes, the joys of being a first time momma - I'm right there with ya girl!