Thursday, April 10, 2008

Epidural Success!

11:oo a.m.

Natalie is now about 5 cm. The Epidural was a success. Natalie went from shaking with pain to a short nap - Perfect timing by the doctors!

The Dr put the epidural in shortly after she was around 2 cm. Within a few hours the nurses had to slow the PIT down because she is cruising along - too fast!!

The nurses placed a scalp-bleed device on Tatem's little head to better monitor her heart-rate. She has been reacting to the contractions a bit too much.

Tatem is not "impressing" the nurses too much with her little heart rate - we hope having the PIT slowed down some she will be more comfortable.

Miles is feeding Natalie ice-chips, what a brother!



9 comments:

Natalie Service said...

Natalie tells me I did NOT have permission to post that last picture.

I am in trouble . . .

She said it is "Embar-ass-ing!"

Ian

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Well look on the bright side, your hair looks darling in the back!

Jenny said...

You can do it Mallie! P.S. If my bum looks that good when I am giving birth, Pat can take all the pictures he wants. You are totally rockin' out the Mama look! T.C.!

Tiffany said...

YEAHHHH 5 cm! That's great! I never dialated past ALMOST a 2!

Alicia said...

Natalie, yeah, so excited, and I am loving these updates. You are doing awesome.

Alicia said...

By the way, your hair does look awesome, Jen did a great job and you look gorgeous!

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

come on already! what is taking so long!

Miles & Tom said...

I have all of my co-workers at Netjets watching and waiting...I have the blog up on the big screen in our Flight Center and everyone is yelling, "PUSH NATALIE, PUSH!"

Hang in there!

Tom (and 300 of my co-workers)

P.S. Just kidding about the big screen!!

ba and the boys said...

we are so proud of you! and really proud that you havent killed ian! you are almost there!