Saturday, October 06, 2007

So, before reaching our final destination of Boise, we stopped in Chubbuck to stay with my brother ADAM and his family. Adam and Jenny have three cute kids and a new cute house. We went to church with them on Sunday even though it's our family tradition to try to avoid such things while on vacation.

I ate a nice healthy breakfast that morning, put on my Sunday best, and made it through the first meeting. I volunteered to take care of Kimball, Adams newest, during Sunday School hour, and of course, it would be best to take care of him in the hallway. So, while sitting on the floral foyer couch with Kimball I suddenly became very hungry. I looked through Kimball's diaper bag hoping to happen upon some crackers or cheerios or something of the like. I found an empty ziplock bag just as my sudden hunger turned into ravaging hunger!!!! With wide eyes I looked up at Ian and said, "You gotta find me some snacks, NOW! I'm starving!"

Ian chuckled, thinking I was just being my normal bossy self.

With daggers in my eyes, I reiterated to Ian the urgency of my starvation! I strongly demanded he had better go rob the nursery of it's Nilla Waffers RIGHT NOW!! "Did you not hear me?!?!, NOW!!!"

Fearing for his life, Ian returned with 2 fruit snack bags, a box of raisins, and a cup full of animal crackers. And, in typical Ian style, he also grabbed equal portions for himself as well. MY HERO!!!

Before I could even get a THANK YOU out, I polished off the first bag of fruit snacks. I handed Kimball off to Ian to insure I didn't have to share one morsel with him. Moments later the entire meal provided by the nursery was devoured!

After feeling the relief of my nagging hunger, I layed my head on the arm of the floral foyer sofa. I cannot confirm or deny what happened for the next 30 minutes...BECAUSE I WAS ASLEEP!!!

Yes, I fell asleep on the couch at the church while the next ward was filing in to start their meeting. I'm not sure how many people saw me...sleeping...with my mouth gapping open...drooling...in a skirt...sitting like a Trucker...but I'm sure both Ian and Adam were so proud!

4 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

This is one of my favorite stories. You're such a nerd!

Whitney said...

Hum, could there be a reason why you want to sleep all the time? Could this reason also have to do with the sudden and violent change in moods each day? I knew it! You are a true Anderson!

The Pousson Family said...

Hilarious! Ah, having a nostalgic moment...

Lance Bettie and Calista said...

You rock!