Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Homemade Jelly

Have you ever caught yourself telling little white lies? Just little ones? Well, I've learned that saying "YES" to something that I didn't really want to do is classified as a huge LIE! And it could eventually lead to Compound Lies. I know you know what I'm talking about!

The wonderful lady I share my garden plot with asked if I wanted to finish picking the rest of her currants to make jelly.

"Yes."

Why? Why did I say yes? That means work, time, and energy would be spent on something I didn't really want to do. So then she pressured me until every last currant was off the vine, then, as nice as she is, supplied me with all the tools I would need to make some jelly, clear down to the jars, then sent me on my way with 80 cups of sugar to make jelly!

Well, since I really didn't want to make jelly in the first place, I kinda forgot about the currants and soon they were spoiled, thus rendering them too rotten for jelly. Darn.

But then comes the real issue: When the nice lady corners me at church and asks how the jelly turned out...what am I supposed to say?

Maybe I should just tell her that my homemade jellly was delicious.

6 comments:

Natalie Service said...

I know. I know. This is right up there with the Guacamole post.

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

Seriously, I would go with the old "Currants give me diarhea" line. Nobody ever questions that one!

Sarah said...

Be honest. Tell her you made 40 pints of it, then donated it to the local homeless shelter.
And hey, you updated- I'm not gonna complain =)

Jill said...

And next time someone asks you to make jelly you need to tell them, "MAKE ME"!

Whitney said...

Push over . . . now YOU'RE fired from blogging! How dare you fire me, I'm under more pressure than your silly currant jelly-making issues!

Brianne said...

What did you do with the jars and all that sugar? Do you rally feel good about keeping it on top of the lie?