Sunday, July 16, 2006

"We're on a date, Mallie"

You might call it babysitting. We call it a date!
Friday night is "date night" so Ian and I took our best buddies, Luke and Isaac, on a date to give their mom and dad and new baby Audrey a break.

We loaded them up in the car and took them to our garden and made them weed it for .10 cents a row!

Oh, sorry! That was a bit of my childhood creeping up on me.

We really did take them to our garden where they did some "scoopers", "dumpers" and "digs" in the dirt while I did a bit of weeding. Then we threw some rocks in the river...and at the ducks. We figured out that ducks like bread better than rocks, so we found some bread to throw at the ducks instead. After a quick driveby of McDonalds for some nuggets, we ended up at a playground and played until the sun went night nights.

After strapping Isaac into his carseat (which is actually the drivers seat in a fire truck) he announced very energetically, "We're on a date, Mallie!" I LOVE DATE NIGHT!!!

2 comments:

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

I don't know if you know this, but Gage reads at a 6th grade level and he read your blog. He is POed at you right now. He thought he was your favorite. I will have to get him into counseling on Monday. Seriously though, don't lose sleep over it.

Brianne said...

Its okay Brit. Just tell him he is still my favorite and he won't care anymore. Let him know I will never find replacements like that. Instead of being upset he will say, "Natalie who?"