Saturday, March 11, 2006

THE JOURNEY

The Luncheon: three hours of food, laughter, and tears. Totally worth it!

THE HEAD TABLE - I think they are laughing because Uncle Reed stood up with the microphone to introduce himself and said he didn't know anyone, but thought the food smelled good so decided to join the festivities. Wait, actually, I think they are laughing because the whole time Martin was giving his speech, his zipper was down. (No it wasn't Martin! If it was really down, someone would have told you to zip it up long before they told you to spit out your gum. By the way, thanks for spitting out your gum.) Oh, I remember, they are laughing because Joan Bowe, Julies Grandma, stood up to wish the newlyweds all the love and luck in the world and started it off by saying, "We love you Julie and . . . what's his name!" with perfect comedic timing. Only, I think for that moment, she really did forget his name! She had the room filled with laugher!
The centerpieces were items collected from the many travels of Todd and Julie. Ian and I sat with (L to R) Stephanie and Scott Dunkley, Spencer and Susie McAllister, Aunt Lora and Uncle David, John and Savannah Anderson. Unka and Teener pictured in the backgroud. A delicous lunch was served with the most fabulous dinner rolls and whipped honeybutter. Pictured below are John and Ian, consulting the rule book to see if it was appropriate to ask for more rolls.

Even after consulting the rule book, both of them were still too chicken to ask for another basket of rolls. Thankfully, I'm not watching my carb intake, and the server dude was delighted that I asked for another basket. He brought it promptly to our table. I had no problem eating as many as I could...especially knowing I would not have to give a list of things was I thankful for when I was finished.

1 comments:

roseanne said...

Hola, Tres just had a good chuckle over this blog entry and so did I. Sounds like you guys had a great time! *insert witty comment here*
Love ya, Roseanne